Anyone considering appealing their property tax classification or valuation for assessment year 2013 for taxes payable in 2014 is reminded that the deadline to file a petition in tax court is April 30 of the year taxes are payable.
Also, a reminder to all those who have pending property tax petitions for assessment year 2012 or prior: you must file a new petition every year to maintain the tax court's jurisdiction to make changes to your classification or valuation. A petition appealing classification or valuation only applies to the assessment year of that particular petition. It can take years to get a decision from the tax court. In the meantime, you've got to keep filing a new petition for each assessment year.
Please call with any questions about your individual situation, and have a great year in 2014!
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
April 30 DEADLINE to appeal 2013 Property Tax Classification or Valuation
- April 30 DEADLINE to appeal 2013 Property Tax Clas...
- How to Write a Horse Sales Contract: a Prezi from...
- This Year's Minnesota Horse Expo Presentation: Ho...
- New Laws in Minnesota: Minimum Wage Increase
- New Laws in Minnesota: School Anti-Bullying Polic...
- New Laws in Minnesota: Revised Uniform Limited Li...
- New Laws in Minnesota: Estate tax threshold incre...
- ▼ April (7)